Student Visa information

There are several classes of student visas for Australia – the one you need depends on the type of study (eg: English language course, graduate degree, vocational training,higher education, etc.) you are planning to undertake.

Student visa options

Below is the list of the student visas currently available. For more detail on each visa, visit the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) (opens in a new window):

    Independent ELICOS (Subclass 570).

    Schools (Subclass 571).

    Vocational Education and Training (Subclass 572).

    Higher Education (Subclass 573).

    Postgraduate Research (Subclass 574).

    Non-award (Subclass 575).

    AusAID or Defence (Subclass 576).

Visa requirements

The student visa you need depends on your chosen course of study. As a guide, the typical key requirements you will need to meet are:

Issued an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) certificate.

Meet the Genuine Temporary Entrant requirement. Read more about this on the Department of Immigration and Border      Protection (opens in a new window) website.

Sufficient funds for airfares, course fees and living costs.

English language proficiency.

Meet health and character requirements.

Acceptable Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).